Fulfilling Your Kingdom Calling Begins Here
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 2 Cor. 5:17-21
Do you ever feel frustrated because you don't really know what your particular calling is? Sometimes we overlook the fact that all believers have received the ministry of reconciliation and are now ambassadors for Christ in this present age.
Here are 7 things to remember as enter into your ministry as an ambassador for Christ.
1) People are hurting and they are searching for answers. They intuitively know that there is more than the natural world that they can access through their five senses. They turn to fortune tellers, psychics, tarot card readers and horoscopes in search of the supernatural. Sadly they don't know that the God of the universe is the originator of the supernatural, moreover He is the God of miracles, signs and wonders and He has never changed.
2) The Gospel is a message that must be articulated. Don't assume that people know the simple facts of the Gospel. The apostle Paul said I am not ashamed of the Gospel because it is the power of God unto salvation to all who believe . . .Romans 1:16 When we share the Gospel the power of God is literally released and salvation becomes available to the hearers!
3) Listen with your heart! Don't be deceived because of how people look on the outside. Just because someone is wearing a smile and seems happy doesn't mean they are not broken on the inside and spiritually lost. If you listen to them, people will tell you their problems. We have the answers they need!
4) Know that God is already dealing with people. You are a piece of the puzzle. One plants, another waters. You have a part to play and remembering that God is divinely connecting people together for His purposes takes the pressure of you to make something happen.
5) It's not about you! It's about the God IN you. His plan is that we would partner with him in His mission. That's why it's call the great CO-Mission! Let Him use your voice to speak to the lost.
6) Remember the Gospel is good news and many have NEVER heard it! Worse yet, what they HAVE heard is a lot of opinions, traditions, assumptions, and ideas that have created confusion and apprehension about God. Everyone deserves the privilege of hearing the Gospel at least once.
7) You can change the destiny of an entire family when you share the Gospel with one person. It's hard for us to fathom the potential of the incorruptible seed of the Gospel when it is sown into a hungry heart.
In conclusion, we have the answer the whole world is searching for. Let's choose to see the harvest field that is all around us and answer the cry of the lost with the gift of the Gospel! In the words of our Lord, "Freely you have received, freely give."
If you like this, check out my Periscope broadcast with the same title here: https://www.periscope.tv/TommieNorman1/1lPKqZaEzrmGb